Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dirty Dishes

My husband and I don't have a dishwasher, which may not seem so bad...but let me tell you.......it definitely can be. It's hard because we have really busy schedules and doing the dishes never seems to fit into them. I was really frustrated about the pile in the sink when I randomly came across this poem on some random blog on the internet (I have no idea how I found it....I was looking at someone else's blog and found it on one of their friend's blogs or something...blog stalking??) and I now have this cute little poem hanging right above the sink.

Thank God for Dirty Dishes

They have a tale to tell.

While others are going hungry

We’re eating very well.

With home and health and happiness

I shouldn’t want to fuss,

For by this stack of evidence

God’s very good to us.

~author unknown

I guess sometimes a little perspective helps the mundane and not-so-fun tasks seem not as bad :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww! This is adorable and I am certainly making a place for this in my future home! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute poem. Thanks for sharing. It's media like that that really puts our "problems" in perspective.

    ReplyDelete