Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My favorite book

Anne of Green Gables was my favorite book as a child and adolescent, and I still enjoy it today. When I was younger my mom would read it with me at night before I went to bed. The book is about a redheaded, very imaginative orphan girl named Anne who gets adopted by a brother and sister who live together. Anne is a little hotheaded and does not like when things do not go her way, but overall is a very sweet and caring girl.

485604_com_anneshirley.jpg


I think the biggest reason I loved Anne of Green Gables was because I identified so much with Anne. I felt like we were the same in many ways and that if she were real we would be best friends. I was a little hotheaded and lost my temper sometimes, especially when things did not go my way, but I was also very sweet. Anne places her values on good education and friends, which are and were also very important to me.

2 comments:

  1. I love Anne of Green Gables too! It is a popular video choice in our family as well! I am glad that you mentioned your mom reading to you as a part of what got you interested in literature, because I feel the same way. I vividly remember my mom reading the Little House on the Prairie books to us after school and even nursery rhyme books when I was really young. I definitely feel like it was a bonding experience and one that taught me to love reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT book. I was also really into the Avonlea series (based on the Anne of Avonlea book). So good!

    ReplyDelete