Saturday, September 12, 2009

9/11

Yesterday I watched the video clip that the Church put out about Finding Hope (on the main lds.org webpage). The clip is about a survivor of the 9/11 attacks. At the end of the video there are words that appear on the screen saying that we honor the victims of 9.11 - those who died and those who lived. I had never really thought about the people that survived that before and how traumatic that must be. The man in the video talked about feeling guilty sometimes for surviving while so many others had died, and also his feelings of gratitude for being able to spend more time with his family.

It amazes me how much the media can influence our thinking and our emotions. I had never thought about the survivors until that video, and if I hadn't seen that video, I probably still wouldn't think about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment