Thursday, November 19, 2009

Musical Memory

Tonight I went to an enrichment activity and we were making Christmas crafts and listening to Christmas music and just had a blast. As I was singing along to all the different songs I was kind of amazed at how many lyrics I know. It's amazing how many lyrics to songs are just bouncing around in my brain somewhere. Something with music helps us to remember the lyrics much differently than we would a lecture or a conversation with someone. When we put some sort of tune to it, it's much easier to remember and lasts a lot longer than something that is just spoken. I think it's pretty amazing the way music aids our learning and memory.

1 comment:

  1. And that is one reason I sometimes make up songs to remind myself of facts for tests... :P

    ReplyDelete